Are you thinking about buying a home in Point Pleasant? Here are our top 5 people to look for when buying a home in Point Pleasant NJ
- Find a professional Realtor with direct experience working in the Point Pleasant Borough and Point Pleasant Beach area. Enough can’t be said about finding a real estate professional with first-hand knowledge within the towns you are looking to purchase. From finding homes close to good schools, beach access, transportation, and proximity to local dining. A qualified realtor can help you locate your next home.
- Use search engines such as Zillow and Trulia to narrow down your property search and preview the houses you’d like to take a look at from the comfort of your couch. Doing your research can help you streamline the list of homes you do or don’t want to look at. Remember, pictures can be deceiving so it’s always a good idea to look at a home in person.
- Work with a local Real Estate Attorney familiar with NJ real estate laws and negotiations. It is in your best interest to work with a lawyer located in or near the town you are purchasing as they are more likely to more familiar with such items as flood zones, deed restrictions, and certificate of occupancy laws.
- Search for mortgage lenders who have the best reputation, programs, and interest rates. Many lenders offer programs such as purchase loans, construction loans, refinance loans, and condo loans. Not all lenders are equal so make sure you choose someone who has a good reputation for getting the job done.
- Find the best Home Inspector possible. Now that you’re under contract, you’ll need to hire a Home Inspector near Point Pleasant to make sure the home you’re buying doesn’t have any unwanted surprises. Not all home inspectors have equal skill or experience and finding the right one to inspect a home in the coastal region is crucial. 20/20 Home Inspection of NJ advocates for our clients with the experience and local knowledge to make sure the home you’re buying doesn’t empty your wallet.
Here are several qualifications you should look for when hiring a home inspector:
- How long has the home inspector been Inspecting homes? (We have been inspecting homes for well over a decade)
- How many homes have you inspected? (We have Inspected well over 7,000 homes throughout NJ)
- What prior construction experience do you have? (We have been in the trades working as a plumber, roofer, siding expert, tile installer, framing contractor, and home builder for over 40 years)
- What tools do you use? (We use the latest moisture detection equipment, drones, combustible gas detectors combined with a lifetime of experience)
- Why should I hire you to inspect my home? ( We live and breathe inspecting homes. I take this job very seriously and I’m 100% your advocate)